When your patient is in search of superior esthetics for the anterior, Maverick offers lifelike porcelain-fused-to-zirconia restorations. PFZ restorations are an excellent alternative to PFM crowns. Crafted by layering esthetic porcelain over a zirconia substructure, they provide the strength of PFM crowns while eliminating esthetic challenges, such as discoloration or the dark line that can appear along the gingiva. They are also a good option for ceramic veneers. Through the use of advanced CAD/CAM technology, they provide consistently accurate fit. Due to zirconia’s natural translucency, these crowns are warmer and provide superior lifelike coloration when compared to their PFM counterparts.
- Hypoallergenic & Biocompatible
- No Esthetics Challenges Like PFMs
- Unparalleled Substructure Strength
- CAD/CAM Fabricated
A CAD/CAM substitute for traditional PFM, our porcelain-fused-to-zirconia can be used for anterior and posterior crowns, crowns over implants, and bridges of up to fourteen units.
- Attachment cases
- Cases with less than 1 mm clearance
- Patients who have broken a PFM crown
- Cases that require bonding
The ideal preparation for PFZs is a chamfer margin preparation. If a porcelain labial margin is prescribed, then a shoulder margin preparation is required.
- Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX or RelyX Unicem, 3M ESPE)
- Maxcem Elite (Kerr)
- Panavia F 2.0 (Kuraray) – ideal for short, tapered preparations
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)
If an adjustment is required on the ceramic, use a fine diamond with water and air to keep the crown cool. To contour the ceramic, polish with a pink rubber wheel and diamond polishing paste (Maverick Rotary).
- D2740 Crown – porcelain / ceramic substrate